Welcome to my blog!

On my blog I posted videos, pictures, and information and facts on social media and how it affects people. I mainly focused my research on the positive and negative ways social media impacts society. I found that it can be very helpful and useful but it can also be very detrimental. I learned that when used recklessly and not carefully it can ruin someone’s life. It can lead to addiction, behavior issues, and even mental disorders. The problem is that social media is easy to misuse and people don’t realize that it affects so many others. But I also learned when used responsibly it can be a great tool for society. It can help solve crime, help other people, bring communities together, and stay in touch with friends and family. I agree that there are many positive and negative sides to social media, and I believe it’s all about using it moderately and responsibly. I learned a lot writing this blog and I hope you can learn more about social media from reading it:)

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Feedie: the app that lets you donate a meal just by taking a picture



Social media has ways it can help society, the Feedie app is one of
those ways.  I think we all know people like taking pictures of their
food, but the Feedie app transforms pictures of food into actually
sharing food for those in need.  Using the Feedie app is easy.  Just
download the free app and visit one of the participating restaurants.
Post the photo to your social media, such as Facebook.  And then the
restaurant donates money to The Lunchbox Fund, which is a charity that
provides meals to hungry school children in Africa.  You get to share an
awesome food picture, the restaurant gets advertised, and hungry
children in Africa are getting fed.  What an awesome idea for an app,
check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment